Please light a candle and join a torchlight procession for the thousands of greyhounds killed at Macao.
There is a place far away which perfectly describes what Dante wrote in the Divine Comedy: “Abandon all hope, ye who enter here!”
It’s the dog racing track in Macao, ex Portguese colony now part of the People’s Republic of China. Every year around 400 dogs are put to sleep there. Every dog races four times a week, and if he finishes behind the first three he is destroyed.
There is no hope for the greyhounds who end up at the Macao track: only three dogs have been adopted since 2012.
These dogs come from Australia, where the racing industry has ended up on trial due to the illegal use of live baits to train the greyhounds.
The Macao dog track is the worst in the world, it’s the quintessence of greyhound racing.
On the 30th September speak out for the greyhounds of the Canidrome of Macao, light a candle for them, join in the international event organised by GREY2KUSA Worldwide. Organisations fron the following countries will also be taking part: Australia, Belgium, China, France, Italy, Great Britain, Spain, Argentina and USA.
The international event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1706174649611124/
Our association will be the reference point for Italy.The help of every single person is crucial.
We must speak out loud and clear to show our indignation about what is happening at the Canidrome of Macao in China.
The aim of this event is not to commemorate the greyhounds who have died over these years, nor to show generic support for the greyhounds of Macao.
The aim is to get the track shut down: this international event is part of a campaign set up at various levels aimed at stopping the renewal of the track’s license, which runs out at the end of the year.
What can you do?
Right now, you can:
– Share the 30th September event with relatives, friends, acquaintances and colleagues. – Share this international campaign far and wide via social media networks (facebook, twitter, instagram, google+) – Sign and share the petition appealing to the government of Macao to shut down the canidrome: https://www.change.org/p/chief-executive-chui-sai-on-stop-hundreds-of-greyhounds-from-being-raced-to-death– Write to the executive director of the Canidrome of Macao to request the definitive closure of the track. Click here for how to do this: http://www.rspca.org.au/macau#mc-tab-content All through the 30th September:
– Join one of the candlelight processions organised in various Italian cities (see details below). We hope to see you there! You can bring your dogs along too, including other breeds not just greyhounds. Bring a LED candle.
– Light a candle and put up the ‘CloseTheCanidrome’ poster (which you will find at the end of this article). Take a photo and publish your photo here: Event of the 30th September – CloseTheCanidrome adding to the post the hashtag: #closethecanidrome The hashtag #closethecanidrome should be inserted not so much in the photo but in the text of the post.
– if you don’t have a facebook account, you can send your photo to: [email protected]. We will publish it in the section of our website dedicated to the event.
– publish the event’s image as your FB cover image.
– At home, at work, during a walk, while joining one of the torchlight processions which will be taking place all over Italy.
On Wednesday 30th September.
The torchlight processions will take place in the following Italian cities:
– Monza, Villa Reale, 19.30
– Bologna, 19.00
– Mestre in piazza Ferretto, 19.00.
– Genova, Corso Italia 7, near the Bagni CapoMarina, 18.30.
– Reggio Calabria, Canile di Mortara, together with the volunteers of the refuge Dacci una Zampa Onlus. The torchlight procession and the refuge will be open to all.
– Lucca, 20.30
– Perugia, 20.00
Other torchlight processions are being planned. We will publish details of locations and timetables as they come in.
The aim is to focus the attention of public opinion and mass media on what is happening in greyhound racing in China, and to let the Chinese government feel the indignation and the pressure to close the Canidrome of Macao on the part of international public opinion.
For details and info, you can contact Stefania Traini, [email protected]
Tags: adotta galgo, adotta un levriero, adozione, adozione galgo, adozione greyhound, adozione levrieri, adozione levriero, antiracing, antiracing, CAGED northwest, cani, galgo, Grey2K USA, greyhound, greyhound, greyhound racing, greyhound racing, Greyt Exploitations, Ireland, levrieri, levriero, Limerick Animal Welfare, lurcher, lurcher, Macau, pet levrieri, pet levrieri, salvare levrieri, UK, UK, USA