COVID-19: LET’S HELP THE IRISH AND SPANISH REFUGES
Due to the Covid-19 outbreak, the refuges we collaborate with – Limerick Animal Welfare, Galway SPCA and the Protectora Scooby (Spain) – are now closed, so all international and most local adoptions have been suspended and the refuges are unable to take in more dogs.
Donations are going down too: the Irish refuges’ charity shops are closed, and the uncertainty of the situation on top of the closure of business activities are beginning to take their toll.
This situation, in addition to making it impossible to rescue and take in more dogs, is making it very difficult and costly for the refuges to look after the dogs already in their care while waiting for the adoptions and transports to resume, which as we all know is unlikely to happen for quite a long while yet.
So we are appealing to everyone, now more than ever, to make a donation to help the refuges sustain the impact of this pandemic, and as a gesture of thanks to all the volunteers and staff who are not only caring for the dogs but for all the other animals rescued too.
At Pet Levrieri we have already donated:
- 4,000 euros to Scooby;
- 4,000 euros to LAW;
- 2,000 euros to Galway SPCA;
But we need to raise much more than that to help them deal with the current situation, and we hope that with your help we will be able to send more donations to these three refuges.
To make a donation, you can:
– click on ‘donate’ in this Facebook post;
– make a payment into the following account: Agenzia numero 11 del Credito Valtellinese, via Arese n. 7, 20159 Milano. Account number 91113, IBAN code: IT63E0521601616000000091113, BIC: BPCVIT2S;
– make a donation via Paypal by clicking on the Paypal link on our website https://www.petlevrieri.it/donazioni/ and specifying COVID19 in the subject box;
– make a donation via the ‘donor’ box on our website https://www.petlevrieri.it/ specifying in the message box COVID19.
Many thanks from us all and from the refuges!