Perfect Bart was exported from Australia to China in 2017.#greyhound was exported from Australia to China in 2017. That’s right, even though Racing rule 124 prohibits the export of greyhounds without a passport, and Greyhounds Australasia have supposedly stopped issuing passports for greyhounds for China – Perfect Bart is now in China! So how did Perfect Bart end up in this hell hole and what’s been done about it? Perfect Bart was breed in Qld and raced here for a while before being sold to James and Brooke Ennis who race greyhounds in Victoria. Perfect Bart’s last raced at Ballarat in February, 2017. He had earned over $16,639 from 22 races. By May 2017 Perfect Bart was being advised on a Chinese website for breeding. There are over 200 private greyhound tracks in China, where people go to watch and bet on races privately. The only legal track is in Macau. Recently footage has been shown of a greyhound being beaten to death at one of these tracks because he did not perform well. You can watch the footage here, but be warned it is very distressing. http://bit.ly/2xX2xRF After making a few inquiries regarding this greyhound, we have discovered, that yes indeed he is in China and it was done by first selling to an American party, who on sold him to China. We don’t believe for one minute that the owner & trainer Brooke and James Ennis had no idea. We believe they deliberately did this, because technically they did not break any rules, because they did not even need to get a greyhound passport. As far as we are aware there have been no racing charges against this pair. Nothing in this vile, hideous industry ever changes and we are so angry that this bullshit keeps happening. Whatever rules are introduced, these scumbag human beings just get around it and as the authorities are still wiping their faces from 2015 with the live export scandal. For the greyhounds living in Australia – life can be a hell hole. Being exported to China – life is certainly a hell hole. Greyhounds are regularly being found on the dog meat trucks. There is footage of greyhounds being boiled and skinned alive. What can you do? To be honest, we keep banging our heads against the wall and we wonder if anything is worth it, but we still think it is worth trying, because animals need us to be their voice.
- Please send this story to any media outlet anywhere – particularly in Victoria – radio shows like Neil Mitchell would be good. The public need to know – that nothing has changed. These people do whatever they can to get around the laws. And the governance hasn’t changed either.
- Send an email to GRV and cc Greyhounds Australiasia and the Vic Racing Minister, asking them what are they going to do to tighten the laws to stop greyhounds being exported? Also point out that vials of semen should not be sold either. Send them the video of the dog being beaten (http://bit.ly/2xX2xRF) or one of the pictures of greyhounds from the dog beat trucks (you can get from the Candy Cane Rescue page – http://bit.ly/2fbNQTf ).
- Please like, follow and support Candy cane rescue. This rescue group is saving greyhounds in China – from the dog meat trucks and greyhounds used to breed. They have rent a number of kennels. Once they have had medical care and the 3 months quarantine period, they will be transported to Europe for homing. They are also working with @Animal Macau to save the 600 plus Australia greyhounds in Macau.
- Please like and support animal rescuers and advocates in China. Please recognise that there are so many wonderful people in China working tremendously hard in very difficult circumstances to save animals and lobby for the introduction of animal welfare laws.
- Also Follow CAGED Nationwide, as they expose and lobby to shut down the export of greyhounds worldwide.
Tags: adopt galgos, adopt greyhound, adopt rescue dog, adopt rescue greyhound, adoption, adotta galgo, adotta un levriero, adozione, adozione galgo, adozione greyhound, adozione levrieri, adozione levriero, antiracing, Australia, Australia, CAGED northwest, cani, galgo, Grey2K USA, greyhound, greyhound racing, greyhound racing, Greyt Exploitations, Greyt Exploitations, Ireland, levrieri, levriero, Limerick Animal Welfare, lurcher, lurcher, pet levrieri, salva un levriero, salvare levrieri, Spagna, UK, USA